Back in 1945 grandfather, John J. Wyshinski started a school bus company that serviced the town of Pennsville, New Jersey. He lived on Chestnut Street with wife Catherine, and children John A. and Helen. The company started with two school buses driven by wife Catherine (aka Nannie) and the only other employee, Lena Banger.
John A. Wyshinski (aka “Pop”) worked alongside his father and started the John Wyshinski Bus Service with the addition of three more school buses, all while working full-time at DuPont Chambers Works. John A. handled all the administrative and mechanical duties of the business. He had 4 children during this time: Ann, John E. (current VP), Paul and Frank (current company president). The children were always involved in the business from fueling to washing to helping with maintenance. It was common for the kids to say goodnight to their father while he was under a bus performing maintenance checks prior to the morning routes.
In 1982, John A. retired from DuPont and focused solely on the school bus business. At this time, there were approximately 8 buses that were kept at a lot near his home on Cordrey Avenue. in Pennsville.
In ’88, John Wyshinski Bus Service purchased Parvin’s Transit which serviced the communities of Penns Grove and Carneys Point NJ. The business operated out of a trailer which sat between Harmony Road and Griffith Street in Penns Grove. This is the location where the current company headquarters is still located, with an office building and garage replacing the trailer. The two businesses merged and became Wyshinski Bus Service.
In 2008, brothers Frank and John E. took over the family business. Wyshinski Bus still proudly serves Pennsville, Penns Grove, Carneys Point as well as other communities in Salem and Gloucester Counties. From a start in 1945 with only three people and two buses, Wyshinski Bus is a thriving business that has grown to having over 50 employees while still maintaining a family atmosphere.